Jacoba Francisca Maria “Cobie” Smulders (born April 3, 1982) is a 40 years old phenomenal and proficient Canadian-American actress.
She earned deserved ovation from fans for her starring role as Robin Scherbatsky in a CBS sitcom titled How I Met Your Mother for 2005–2014.
She also appeared as S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Maria Hill in a Marvel Cinematic Universe superhero films titled The Avengers in 2012, Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2014, Avengers: Age of Ultron 2015, Avengers: Infinity War 2018, Avengers: Endgame 2019, as well as Spider-Man: Far From Home in 2019,
Cobie Smulders is also applauded for her several guest appearances on ABC’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Cobie Smulders‘ other film roles included Safe Haven in 2013, They Came Together in 2014, Results in 2015, and Jack Reacher: Never Go Back in 2016.
Cobie Smulders was birth in Vancouver, British Columbia, to a Dutch father and a British mother, hence her dual nationality of Dutch and British. Likewise, she holds Canadian and American citizenship.
She was born on the 3rd of April, 1982.
She was raised in White Rock, British Columbia, and later relocated to the affluent West Point Grey neighborhood.
Cobie Smulders was named after her great aunt, thus whom she gained the nickname “Cobie.”
She has four sisters; Fiona Smulders, Melissa Nisbet, Julie Smulders, and Amy Osborne, and three brothers; Scott Smulders, Adam Smulders, and Mark Smulders.
Cobie Smulders worked in modeling, which she later confessed to regretting, adding that the experience made her hesitant about pursuing acting as a career.
In her youth, she aspired to be a marine biologist. Additionally, she took an interest in theatre throughout high school, which was a significant ground for her acting career.
Cobie Smulders attended high school at Lord Byng Secondary School, West Point Grey neighborhood, where she obtained her high school education.
Cobie Smulders‘s first acting role was as a guest in the Showtime science-fiction series titled Jeremiah; subsequently, she made multiple appearances on television, including a recurring role in a series titled L Word.
Her first role as a series regular was in a short-lived ABC series titled Veritas: The Quest, which aired for one season. After the cancellation of Veritas, Cobie Smulders was cast as television reporter Robin Scherbatsky in a CBS sitcom called How I Met Your Mother in 2005. The show aired for nine seasons, clinching 10 Emmy Awards. In June 2010, Cobie Smulders made her off-Broadway debut in Love, Loss, and What I Wore at the prestigious Westside Theatre.
Then she played Maria Hill in a 2012 film titled The Avengers. She has since reprised the role in three episodes of the television series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the movie Captain America: The Winter Soldier in 2014, Avengers: Age of Ultron in 2015, Avengers: Infinity War in 2018, Avengers: Endgame in 2019, and Spider-Man: Far From Home, in 2019.
In 2013, she appeared in a supporting role in a romance film, Safe Haven and starred in the comedy-drama titled Delivery Man and They Came Together. Furthermore, she voiced a Lego version of Wonder Woman in a 2014 animated film titled The Lego Movie.
In July 2015, Cobie Smulders was reported to have exited the made-for-TV film Confirmation because she had an accident resulting in a broken leg; Zoe Lister-Jones later replaced her in the role of Harriet Grant.
In 2016, she starred in a comedy-drama titled The Intervention and the action-adventure film, Jack Reacher: Never Go Back alongside Tom Cruise.
In 2017, she played the recurring character “Mother” in a Netflix series titled A Series of Unfortunate Events. From 2017 to 2019, she starred in a Netflix original series titled Friends from College, in the lead role of Lisa Turner.
Cobie Smulders appeared as Dexedrine “Dex” Parios, who is a PTSD-stricken military veteran turned private detective, in an ABC crime drama titled Stumptown, which premiered on September 25, 2019.
Cobie Smulders is a social media person. Her presence on social media is quite notable; thus, she has managed to gather many followers.
Cobie Smulders‘s official social media accounts are as follows:
- Instagram: @cobiesmulders
- Twitter: @CobieSmulders
- Facebook: @CobieSmuldersOfficial
Judging by her appearances in several events and red carpets, Cobie Smulders is a beautiful young woman. She stands confidently with a height of 5 foot 6 inches (1.73 m) and weighs 64 kg (141 lbs). She has a slim body with figure measurement 33-25-34; bra/breast size 32B. She has dark brown hair and blue eyes.
Cobie Smulders became engaged to a man named Taran Killam in January 2009 after meeting him at a mutual friend’s party four years earlier. They would later get married on September 8, 2012, in Solvang, California.
The couple lives in Pacific Palisades, California. They have two daughters, namely; Shaelyn Cado Killam, Janita Mae Killam born in 2009 and 2015.
In 2015, Cobie Smulders revealed she had been diagnosed with ovarian cancer at the age of 25 while shooting season three of the series, How I Met Your Mother in 2007.
Nonetheless, she underwent surgery to remove two tumors from her ovaries, but cancer had already spread to her lymph nodes, resulting in the need for multiple operations over two years. Finally, in August 2019, Cobie Smulders disclosed she is in remission.
In 2020, Cobie Smulders announced that she became an American and still retains her Canadian citizenship.
Her hobbies include; traveling and scuba diving. She loves to eat macaroni, chess, sushi and her all-time favorite movies include; Milk (2008), The Princess Bride (1987)
The celebrity actress has earned big time from her successful career. Cobie Smulders‘s net worth is now more than US$25 million.
She has managed to build her wealth mainly from films and Tv shows payments. For instance, her appearance in How I Met Your Mother earned her an average payment of $225,000 for every episode.
She also pocketed a lump sum from her appearance in Marvel’s Avengers.
- 2004 Walking Tall as Exotic Beauty
- 2004 Ill-Fated as Mary
- 2005 The Long Weekend as Ellen
- 2006 Escape as Psychotic Brunette
- 2006 Dr. Miracles as Mrs. Peterson
- 2007 The Storm Awaits as Anabella DeLorenzo
- 2009 The Slammin’ Salmon as Tara
- 2012 The Avengers as Maria Hill
- 2012 Grassroots as Clair
- 2013 Safe Haven as Carly Jo Wheatley
- 2013 Delivery Man as Emma
- 2014 The Lego Movie as Wonder Woman’s voice
- 2014 They Came Together as Tiffany Amber Thigpen
- 2014 Captain America: The Winter Soldier as Maria Hill
- 2015 Unexpected as Samantha Abbot
- 2015 Results as Kat
- 2015 Avengers: Age of Ultron as Maria Hill
- 2016 The Intervention as Ruby
- 2016 Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Major as Susan Turner
- 2017 Literally, Right Before as Aaron Allison
- 2017 Killing Gunther as Lisa McCalla
- 2018 Avengers: Infinity War as Maria Hill
- 2018 Alright Now as Joanne Skye
- 2019 The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part as Wonder Woman’s voice
- 2019 Avengers: Endgame as Maria Hill
- 2019 Spider-Man: Far From Home as Soren / Maria Hill
- 2020 Cicada as Sophie
- 2002 Special Unit 2 as Zoe (Episode: “The Wish”)
- 2002 Jeremiah as Deborah (Episode: “Thieves’ Honor”)
- 2003 Tru Calling as Sarah (Episode: “Brother’s Keeper”)
- 2003 Veritas: The Quest as Juliet Droil (13 episodes)
- 2004 Smallville as Shannon Bell / Eve Andrews (Episode: “Bound”)
- 2005 Andromeda as Jillian Rhade (2 episodes)
- 2005 The L Word as Leigh Ostin (4 episodes)
- 2005–2014 How I Met Your Mother as Robin Scherbatsky (208 episodes)
- 2010 How to Make It in America as Hayley (Episode: “Pilot”)
- 2013–2015 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as Maria Hill (3 episodes)
- 2013 Comedy Bang! Bang! as Herself (Episode: “Cobie Smulders Wears a Black & White Strapless Dress”)
- 2015 Best Time Ever with Neil Patrick Harris as Herself (Episode: “Tyler Perry“)
- 2016 Animals as Anni’s voice (Episode: “Flies.”)
- 2017 A Series of Unfortunate Events as Mother / Mrs. Quagmire (8 episodes)
- 2017–2018 Nature Cat as Nature Dog’s voice (4 episodes)
- 2017–2019 Friends from College as Lisa Turner (16 episodes)
- 2019 Arrested Development as Young Lucille Bluth (3 episodes)
- 2019–2020 Stumptown Dexadrine “Dex” Parios Lead role; 18 episodes
- 2019 Room 104 as Marian Wallace (Episode: “The Specimen Collector”)
- 2020 The Simpsons Hydrangea’s voice (Episode: “Bart the Bad Guy”)
- 2021 What If…? as Maria Hill’s voice (Episode: “What If… Thor Were an Only Child?”)
- 2021 Impeachment: American Crime Story as Ann Coulter
- 2010 Love, Loss, and What I Wore (Westside Theatre)
- 2017 Present Laughter as Joanna Lyppiatt (St. James Theatre)